Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

email notifications

Posted by ameridan 
email notifications
February 23, 2013 06:06PM
Just to let you know, I'm still not getting any email notifications of forum updates, so I only find out about your replies when revisiting the forum. And NO, they are not in my Junk Mail folder :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2013 06:06PM by ameridan.
Re: email notifications
February 28, 2013 11:28PM
Ok, support has installed a new forum enhancement called "Forum Subscriptions (version 5.2.1.02)" Its blurb is
"This module allows users to subscribe to all forums or individual forums in order to
receive emails when new messages are posted. It provides users with the option to receive
emails for all new messages or only new threads. It also allows users to choose to
receive an email for each new message when it is posted, or (if the admin allows it) in a
daily or weekly digest email which contains all of the messages from the previous day or
week."

So, go to your forum Control Center, and you should see the Forum Subscriptions pick on the left. Set up your preferences, and we'll take it from there. I think there will still be a problem with MSN, but then at least the system will be sending emails.

Obsolete: I tried to find in the forum database where you had signed up for emails from the forum, but I could not. Is it possible that you have to sign up for every topic? This would be quite inconvenient if true. Let me know how you are signed up for email notifications, and whether these settings have stuck, or are somehow gone.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2013 01:55AM by dev.
Testing Email to Support
March 01, 2013 01:56AM
Just a test reply to see if the email notification will work.
Re: Testing Email to Support
March 01, 2013 02:13AM
Re: Testing Email to Support
March 01, 2013 02:31AM
again again
Re: email notifications
May 30, 2013 06:42PM
This issue has been cleared (we hope). The problem was that the reverse DNS for PalOMoney.com was incorrect. The site ISP has corrected the problem, and email from the site should work to everyone. Some email providers triple check senders to filter spam, and PalOMoney apparently was caught in this filter, but not for all users of the provider! Very complicated.

If anyone has a problem (if you did not get an email regarding any subscribed forum), please post a note here or send a Private Message (menu pick above) to admin or dev. Do not post your email address on the forum, or you will get spammed.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.