Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1.0.5 Released

Posted by dev 
1.0.5 Released
April 14, 2013 07:38AM
Testers can download 1.0.5 as an .msi installer on the store, using existing credentials and purchases. This version should uninstall any previous version. The wiki documentation is still TBD. This is a massive upgrade, and there will be plenty of bugs to fix. The update also includes 2 new apps. PatchOMoney patches defective Money software. SayOk closes the annoying "Import a file" dialog that appears after a successful statement import.

Please read the wiki and blog regarding this release. The largest issue is how to configure online statement downloads for ordinary users. The advanced settings dialogs might be helpful for expert configuration and troubleshooting, but this will never work in the real world. What is the solution?

Also, some effort will be required to identify and fix the remaining Microsoft Money bugs. For example, one bug that is really annoying is how on 64 bit windows 7, the mouse is partially captured in a way that makes it useless in other applications. It's time to start a bug list for Money itself. However, all in all, it is nice to see Money more or less online again!
Re: 1.0.5 Released
May 09, 2013 04:05PM
An update on my testing so far...

I've not encountered any problems during the installation or execution of PalOMoney.

The "Say OK" tool works nicely, but since I use the Combine OFX statements feature of Pocketsense now, only one Acknowledgement is required.

I'm really not a good candiate for testing PatchOMoney because I've already patched my Money dll using Cal Learner's python script.

Haven't played with the Statement View much yet.
Re: 1.0.5 Released
May 09, 2013 04:19PM
Thank you for your feedback.

You can try PatchOMoney to display the patch status of your software, and not make any changes by answering No to the prompts to make changes. Also, it can patch the new defect. Posting log files would build a database of dlls that might be helpful for older Money versions.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.